Part-time Staff: Graduation Specialist
- Apr 05, 2024
- Kirtland, Ohio, United States
- Administrative and Staff - Part Time Positions
General Description of Position: This position is responsible for the operations and compliance regulations within graduation and developing efficiencies within the office. This position is responsible for following and interpreting system, state, and federal guidelines regarding graduation and degree audit processes.
- Coordinate diplomas and certificates: Responsible for graduation and certificate application verification and processing technical credit verification, posting of degrees and certificates, ordering diplomas and certificates for all Lakeland programs, preparation of all materials for verification of degree/certificate eligibility.
- Coordinate ordering of diplomas and verifying accuracy of diplomas upon receipt.
- Oversee diploma billing and payment. Track college financial and library obligations of graduates before releasing diploma or certificate.
- Verify, post, and note honors and honor society membership of graduates.
- Prepare and publish verified lists of graduates to internal and external constituencies.
- Manage the graduation application, updating each year as catalog and degrees/certificates are updated.
- Gather data, compile reports, and prepare summaries.
- Work with Enrollment Operations, Cashier, Bookstore, Student Engagement and Leadership, and Graphics to ensure a smooth commencement and accurate commencement bulletin.
- Communication with students regarding graduation status including next steps.
- Coordinate efforts to identify and communicate with near completers to ensure the completion of all requirements and timely graduation.
- Assists with degree audit program exceptions and course substitutions.
- Manage the reverse transfer process and serve as the point of contact for partner institutions, internal constituents, and students.
- Serve on the commencement committee and assist with the commencement ceremony.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education/Training and Experience Required/Preferred
- Associate degree.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner and Degree Works software (preferred)
- Experience in higher education (preferred)
- Skills in oral and written communications; preparing reports; composing routine correspondence; maintaining files; updating and maintaining a database.
- Abilities to maintain office decorum and confidentiality; perform routine and detailed tasks in an accurate and efficient manner; meet deadlines; work independently; maintain effective interpersonal working relationships.
Physical Activity Level
Light- Sit sometimes, walk and stand sometimes, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a part-time, continuing status staff position.
This position is classified as pay grade 06A on the Staff Salary Schedule.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply for this position through the college’s Human Resources website. Please be prepared to do the following:
- Complete all questions in the application*
- Attach a current resume
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
*To avoid difficulties when submitting your application, be sure your web browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) is updated to the latest version and allow yourself sufficient time to complete the application since you WILL NOT be able to save a partially completed application and work on it later.
Lakeland Community College is an equal access and equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to the principle of diversity and, in that spirit, seek a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, people with disabilities and people over 40. Under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. If your disability requires special accommodations to participate in the application/interview process, contact the Human Resources Office at 440-525-7575.