Manager of Men's & Women's Centers
- Kirtland, Ohio, United States
- Administrative and Staff - Full Time Positions
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Manager of the Men’s and Women’s Centers will provide innovative, responsive leadership for planning and implementing programs to support current students and prospective students as they begin, persist, and complete educational pathways. Special emphasis is placed on the retention of adult learners and at-risk students.
RESPONSIBILITIES (representative, not all inclusive):
- Assess educational needs of students in the community in order to design, develop, and manage programs to help them transition into a college setting; manage programs that seek to advance students in all academic programs.
- Recruit, select, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of support staff and student employees; develop and foster a team environment to ensure a caring and supportive approach for meeting the needs of students.
- Develop and manage department and related budgets, including restricted and grant accounts.
- Procure grant monies and administer subsequent grant activities including budgetary control, staffing, and report writing.
- Create an annual marketing plan to promote programs and services to students, the college, targeted populations, businesses and organizations.
- Plan and implement programs to educate the college community and to assist students experiencing issues/obstacles relating to adult learners and at-risk populations.
- Working with Career Services, plan and implement job search training programs and seminars geared to the needs of unemployed professionals; recruit and hire guest speakers.
- Form and maintain partnerships and collaborative relationships with community organizations/external agencies who provide a variety of resources to meet the needs of our students. Areas of assistance may include, but are not limited to: job search training, reentry, housing, food, etc.
- Advise Lakeland personnel of client needs to which the college might respond with training or services.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required and Preferred):
Education/Training and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in education, social science, or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in program development, budgeting, management and evaluation; compiling and analyzing a variety of information; preparing reports.
- Project management experience, including experience managing grant-funded projects involving partnerships with other organizations, including staffing issues.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities are acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to identify and evaluate the needs of target audiences.
- Ability to develop and implement effective marketing methods to promote programs and services within and outside the institution.
- Knowledge of enrollment management (recruitment and retention) issues and practices affecting adult learners and at-risk students; knowledge of college admissions process, including financial aid.
- Skills in oral and written communication at the management level
- Ability to design and oversee instructional/training programs for diverse clientele.
- Ability to assemble and manage, on short notice, project teams composed of staff and consultants for delivery of outplacement services to area businesses.
- Ability to develop collaborative partnerships/relationships with business, non-profit, governmental sectors, and community groups.
- Knowledge of job search training programs; skills in career coaching
- Grant writing experience preferred.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a 12-month, full-time position assigned to pay grade 4 of the Administrative and Supervisory/Professional salary schedule. Information pertaining to employment at Lakeland is available on the college’s Human Resources webpage.
Interested candidates can apply through the college’s website. Please be prepared to:
1) complete the application questionnaire in its entirety* (see the note below)
2) attach a current resume and a cover letter which details your interest and experience for this position.
*To avoid difficulties when submitting your application, be sure your web browser is updated to the latest version (e.g., Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) and allow yourself sufficient time to complete the application since you WILL NOT be able to save a partially completed application and work on it later.
Lakeland Community College is an equal access and equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to the principle of diversity and, in that spirit, seek a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, people with disabilities and people over 40. Under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. If your disability requires special accommodation to participate in the application/interview process, contact the Human Resources Office at 440-525-7555.